Our close friend and preferred partner, Jeremy Mcclellan, who represents Marriott International Luxury Brands, recently returned from a visit to Santa Barbara, where he had the pleasure of staying at The Ritz-Carlton Bacarat.
Today, Santa Barbara is back and better than ever and the community looks forward to welcoming guests during the season. The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara have truly come into their own and are dedicated and focused on providing the best in anticipatory service creating memories to last a lifetime.
Santa Barbara as a Destination:
- Located an hour and a half north of Los Angeles and with a Mediterranean climate - Santa Barbara is often referred to as The American Riviera.
- The destination has several seasons to be aware of:
- High Season includes Spring Break and then from Memorial Day until mid-September
- Low Season is December to February which is generally when the area receives the majority of their rainfall
- Shoulder Season is April/May and then October/November and often times has great weather and great rates
- Key Events and festivals include the following:
- March: Santa Barbara International Orchid Festival
- April: Santa Barbara Vintners Spring Weekend, Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival, Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- May: I Madonnari Italian Street Painting Festival
- June: Summer Solstice Celebration
- July: Santa Barbara French Festival
- August: Old Spanish Days Fiesta
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara:
- This gorgeous resort is located on 78 acres in beautiful Goleta in southern Santa Barbara County, California overlooking the Pacific Ocean on a stunning natural beach.
- Offering 358 guest rooms and suites, The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara features the aesthetic of a Mediterranean Village connected by courtyards, gardens and paths that meander through haciendas of white wash and red tiles complimented by lush green foliage, ocean blue and the sounds of the surf.
- The room and suites mostly feature a view of our beautiful manicured courtyards and gardens however there are a limited number of partial ocean and full ocean view rooms and suites. A pro tip - book early! There are a limited number and they go fast, especially in season!
- Family Tip: The hotel features a 2 floor residence suite with stunning ocean views and an outdoor terrace of your dreams! Perfect for large family’s traveling together, this suite features two master bedrooms and on the ground floor of the building, adjacent to the suite are four additional kind size rooms available for additional guests.
- A primary differentiator is the 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center featuring an adults-only pool, redwood sauna, eucalyptus steam room, fireside lounges a rooftop terrace and a private adults only pool. Along with the spa adults only pool, there are two main pools and all three are saline and heated to 82 degrees year round.
- Complimenting the pool experience are 25 cabanas with varying degrees of service and it is highly recommended that you reserve in advance of high season.
- Gorgeous dining and wine tasting in Angel Oak a steakhouse with a modern twist and over 12,000 bottles of wine. Compliment your steak selection with a taste of the sea and try the Blue Crab and Pork Dumplings….simply amazing!
- The resort offers preferred tee times at Sandpiper Golf Club located adjacent to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara. Beyond Sandpiper, there are two additional golf courses in the area to challenge the most avid golfer
- Tennis enthusiast will love the four Har-Tru clay composition courts and several pros that can provide challenging competition for any skill level
- Coming in 2018 – a purpose built Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge with indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the spa pool. Until then, the resort offers a temporary Club Lounge that has been receiving rave reviews and offers the personal service and food and presentations.
- Coming in 2nd Half of 2018 – The Ritz Kids featuring the Cousteau Ambassadors of the Environment program. Members of the Cousteau family live nearby and will be actively involved in the program personally.
- Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc, as well as boutique lots of unique wines like Albariño, Tocai Friulano, Mourvedre, Grenache Blanc are all grown in the micro-climates of Santa Barbara. Begin your wine tasting adventure on-property at the Foley Food & Wine Society (FFWS) Wine Tasting Room where guests in-residence can sample local wines daily
- Visit the Funk Zone which is this eclectic and very cool area packed with galleries, microbreweries, hip restaurants, and cool shops
- Santa Barbara Arts and Crafts Show – Every Sunday over 200 local artisans display their creations on Cabrillo Boulevard. From talking with artists to watching them in action, this is the perfect open air gift shop for great souvenirs.
- Get out on the Water: Charter a sailboat or explore the world-famous Channel Islands National Park from the comfort of a private vessel. Spot local marine life including California gray whales migrating between mid-February and mid-May.
- Enjoy a night at the movies! The resort has their own move theatre on-property and during peak season we offer complimentary family movie screenings complete with popcorn and snacks. Private screenings are also available starting from $250 per showing complete with all the goodies like popcorn, sodas and snacks